Have you been charged with a crime in Marshall County or elsewhere in western Kentucky? Your freedom and future are in jeopardy. Large fines can ruin your financial situation for many years to come. A criminal record can prevent you from pursuing your chosen career. In the most serious cases, you may even face time behind bars. You must fight criminal charges.
Defense From A Former Prosecutor And Judge
As a criminal lawyer with more than 27 years of experience, I can knowledgeably and aggressively defend your rights.
My insight goes deeper than just defense. I am a former prosecutor and district judge. I know the courtroom from all angles. I know how judges preside over cases. I know the steps prosecutors take to try to get guilty verdicts and maximize penalties. All of this knowledge means I am well-positioned to build a strong defense strategy to protect your freedom.
Defense Against All Criminal Offenses
I am Don Thomas, Attorney At Law. At my law firm, I represent people in Benton, Paducah and throughout western Kentucky, as well as out-of-state clients, in misdemeanor and felony cases in state and federal courts. Some of the crimes I frequently defend against include:
- Drunk driving: Driving under the influence (DUI) is serious. I defend against DUI and related charges like driving on a DUI suspended license.
- Drug crimes: I defend against drug trafficking and possession, as well as all other crimes involving marijuana, cocaine and other illegal drugs.
- Violent crimes: I defend against assault, domestic violence, robbery, homicide and all other crimes of violence.
- Theft crimes: I defend against shoplifting, theft by fraud, white collar crimes and all other theft crimes, as well as burglary charges.
- Weapons charges: Whether in conjunction with other criminal charges or as standalone crimes, I defend against gun charges and other weapons charges.
- Sex crimes: These are among the most serious charges an individual can face. I defend against charges of sexual assault and more.
- Traffic violations: In addition to drinking and driving, I defend against driving with a suspended license, speeding and other traffic offenses.
I also handle post-conviction work, including probation and parole violations.
Defending Adults, Juveniles And College Students
I represent adults and juveniles accused of crimes. Additionally, my law firm is only 20 miles from Murray State University. I regularly represent university students who have been charged with drug possession, driving under the influence (DUI) and other offenses.
Meticulous Investigation And Relentless Representation
I do not like to lose. When you retain me to represent you, you can rest assured that I will work tirelessly and take the full time necessary to thoroughly prepare your defense. I take a very detailed approach to reviewing the police procedures in your case, interviewing witnesses, conducting extensive research on whether or not a search warrant was issued, and staying up-to-date on the newest changes in the law.
In addition to my own legal team, I have access to a private investigator who is a former FBI special agent whom I call upon to gather and secure witness testimonies and other evidence.
Call A Marshall County Lawyer For A Free Consultation
To schedule a free consultation with me, Don Thomas, Attorney At Law, call 270-406-6171, 866-289-0518 or contact me online. I return calls within 24 hours and make jail visits by request. If Don is unavailable, ask for my paralegal.